Important information regarding FMN Group Live Study
Dear Valued Partner,
Kaplan Financial Education recognizes that due to Covid-19, you may be unable to deliver our Financial Management Network (FMN) video segments in the required group setting. While this is understandable, it is important to note that FMN Group Live Study offerings must be delivered in a group or classroom setting using a NASBA-approved delivery method in order to meet NASBA Standards for group live activity.
Due to NASBA requirements, Kaplan is not able to issue CPE for virtual sessions held via Zoom, Skype, conference call, et cetera.
If you choose to hold a Group Live Study by way of the internet or conference call, we recommend that you reach out to your State Board of Accountancy and follow the guidelines they provide to document your CPE. Kaplan Financial Education will continue to only issue CPE certificates for delivery methods using the group or classroom setting as approved by NASBA.
As such, Kaplan is able to issue CPE credit for FMN segments in three modalities:
- Virtual Classroom via the Kaplan FMN portal
- Group Live Study, in person, for those able to physically gather in a room
Kaplan Financial Education is supplementing FMN Group Live Study with Self-Study through May 31, 2020, at no additional cost. To take advantage of this opportunity, please call 914.517.1177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in Self-Study or Virtual Classroom setup for your organization.
Please note, some State Boards of Accountancy may have temporarily relaxed their rules to allow CPE to be earned from sources other than registered sponsors or to be earned through other methods of delivery. Because responses will likely differ from state to state, individual CPAs will need to contact their State Accountancy Board and ask the following questions.
- Can CPAs claim CPE credits for participating in educational activities that are not offered by registered sponsors or are not offered through NASBA-approved delivery methods?
- Is there a limit on the number of CPE credits a CPA can claim for activities that are not offered by registered sponsors or are not offered through NASBA-approved delivery methods?
- What are the documentation requirements?
- How long must the CPA maintain the documentation?
Kaplan Financial Education is committed to helping our partners and students navigate through this period of change. We hope this information has been of assistance and look forward to continuing to work with you over the coming months.
Kaplan Financial Education